2017.10.26 Library Board Meeting Minutes
Winchester Public Library Trustee Meeting Minutes
October 26, 2017 4:00 PM
Winchester Community Room
Attendees: Dick Smith, Bob Bridges, Nancy Johnson, Betty Forster, Galen Brownewell. Absent: Ruthann Sather
1. The meeting was called to order at 4:00 by Dick Smith.
2. Nancy moved and Bob seconded to approve the agenda. Motion carried.
3. Bob moved, Dick seconded to approve the September meeting minutes. Motion carried.
4. Bob presented the treasurer's report:
a. Approval of bills: Received bills for previously approved expenses, computers ($1460.82) and new router ($379).
b. 2017 budget status - no discussion
c. 2018 budget news if any - Galen talked with the town about the need to allocate monies for capital expenses. Answer is no.
i. the submitted budget is still intact at this point.
ii. further discussion surrounding salary dollars for 2018. Agreed that the monthly allocation of $50 for website development is not needed as we have a paid assistant performing the work.
5. Director's Report and items:
a. Member agreement with Northern Waters was signed by Dick.
b. Purchase of supplies: Betty will start buying paper for the copier through Walmart or Office Max to reduce cost.
c. Betty also shared the list of books that were purchased in honor of Curt Quass.
d. Betty is also taking a budget class.
6. Correspondence or other items - none.
7. Bob moved, Nancy seconded to go into closed session under SS19.85 considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance valuation of any public employee at 5:28.
8. Bob moved, Nancy seconded to come out of closed session at 5:45. Decisions made: Discussed personnel policy and will update to eliminate the payment of accumulated sick hours in light of librarian will be salaried as of January, 2018.
9. Nancy moved, Bob seconded to adjourn the meeting at 5:45. Motion carried.