2017.01.09 Library Board Meeting Minutes
Winchester Public Library Trustee Meeting
January 9, 2017 4:00 PM
Winchester Community Room
Present: Dick Smith, Bob Bridges, Betty Forster, Ruthann Sather, Nancy Johnson, Cyndi Guzman. Absent: Rick Clem
- The meeting was called to order by President Dick Smith at 4:04.
- Betty moved and Ruthann seconded to approve the meeting agenda. Motion carried.
- An amendment was made to the December minutes to indicate that the library reopened after the holidays on 1/5, not 1/2 as noted in those minutes.. Bob moved and Ruthann seconded to approve minutes with that amendment. Motion carried.
- Bob reviewed the Treasurer’s Report. We are up to date for town reimbursements and on budget for expenses. The trustee checking account balance is $33,654.24 as of 12/20. Ruthann asked for clarification of Other under wages. Bob explained that this is a combination of classes for Cyndi and wages for the library assistant. Betty moved, Nancy seconded to file the report for audit. Motion carried.
- Winchester Library Directors Report:
- Cyndi asked for any questions on the emailed reports. No questions.
- There were no bills to be approved for payment.
- There will be a Discovery Center brown bag lunch program on 2/2 in the Community Room. Topic is Loons.
- The old computer was sold and the $50 was returned to the town.7. Action out of closed session: Cyndi has agreed to work approximately 10 hours/week to assist or direct any new hire in the event she wins the April election for town secretary.
- 9. Meeting adjourned at 5:30.
- 6. Bob moved and Betty seconded to go into closed session at 4:32 under SS19.85 considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance valuation of any public employee. Motion carried. Reconvened into open session at 4:53.