Winchester Public Library Trustee Meeting Minutes
October 26, 2017 4:00 PM
Winchester Community Room
Attendees: Dick Smith, Bob Bridges, Nancy Johnson, Betty Forster, Galen Brownewell. Absent: Ruthann Sather
- The meeting was called to order at 4:00 by Dick Smith.
- Nancy moved and Bob seconded to approve the agenda. Motion carried.
- Bob moved, Dick seconded to approve the September meeting minutes. Motion carried.
- Bob presented the treasurer's report:
- Approval of bills: Received bills for previously approved expenses, computers ($1460.82) and new router ($379).
- 2017 budget status - no discussion
- 2018 budget news if any - Galen talked with the town about the need to allocate monies for capital expenses. Answer is no.
- the submitted budget is still intact at this point.
- further discussion surrounding salary dollars for 2018. Agreed that the monthly allocation of $50 for website development is not needed as we have a paid assistant performing the work.
- Director's Report and items:
- Member agreement with Northern Waters was signed by Dick.
- Purchase of supplies: Betty will start buying paper for the copier through Walmart or Office Max to reduce cost.
- Betty also shared the list of books that were purchased in honor of Curt Quass.
- Betty is also taking a budget class.
- Correspondence or other items - none.
- Bob moved, Nancy seconded to go into closed session under SS19.85 considering employment, promotion, compensation or performance valuation of any public employee at 5:28.
- Bob moved, Nancy seconded to come out of closed session at 5:45. Decisions made: Discussed personnel policy and will update to eliminate the payment of accumulated sick hours in light of librarian will be salaried as of January, 2018.
- Nancy moved, Bob seconded to adjourn the meeting at 5:45. Motion carried.